We start the new season with numerous updates for Nyon and eBike Connect. The update is planned for the beginning of April. In the future, you'll be able to set personal fitness goals in Nyon, navigate with new display options, and track your own CO2 emissions compared to your car.
There are also new features for Apple Health and Google Fit users: Via eBike Connect, you can now also save fitness and trip data in the Apple Health and Google Fit health apps.
- Map view for search results: Find points of interest (POI) with your Nyon - switch from list view to map view to see the location of a POI on the map. Start navigating to the POI of your choice by selecting it in the map view. Tap the blue icon to switch between the two views.
- Autozoom: If you approach a bend or intersection and reduce your speed, the map view on your Nyon changes automatically. It now shows you the detailed view of your surroundings. The speed-dependent automatic map zoom is available in 2D map mode. Activate the option under "Map settings".
- Display of waypoints: In the eBike Connect online portal, you can plan your tours including stop-off points - select up to eight from the list of POIs or add further destinations. These stop-off points, also called waypoints, are now displayed on your Nyon during navigation. Nyon signals you with a short tone when you have reached a waypoint. During the ride, you have the flexibility to simply skip planned waypoints - Nyon will take you to the next waypoint. Please note that you can only plan your tours with waypoints in the eBike Connect online portal.
- Track fitness goals: This new feature allows you to set personal goals and track them directly on Nyon. How many calories do you want to burn this week? How much distance do you want to cover this month, and in how much time? How many metres of altitude do you want to conquer this year? - By tapping on the goals screen, you can switch between the different views to track your progress live. You can set your desired values in the settings under Tile settings > Screens & tiles > Goals. Optionally, you can also access the settings via the cogwheel icon in the tile.
- Extension of the savings screen: You can now track how many CO2 emissions you can save with your eBike compared to trips by car. By tapping on the savings screen, you can switch between the two views: Money or CO2 savings.
- Automatic display brightness: You can either set the brightness of your Nyon display manually or leave this task to the integrated ambient light sensor. This automatically adjusts the screen brightness to the respective lighting conditions. In addition, you can determine the intensity of the brightness control in automatic mode - if your eyes are sensitive to bright light, move the slider to the minus range. If you need more brightness, move the slider to the right. Regardless of the setting you make, the display brightness is still controlled automatically - but it takes your personal preference into account.
- Menu structure: A clearer menu structure provides a quick overview. Where it makes sense, we have added direct access to the settings.
Note: After installing this update, your current maps will be deleted and will need to be re-downloaded.
- Help Center: Get help fast! In the Help Center you will find tips and answers to the most important questions. All information from the Help Centre can now also be found directly in your eBike Connect app under "More" > "Help Center".
- Units of measurement: Choose between metric and imperial units under "My profile".
- Map material: The map material has been updated to October 2021. The map update also includes Nyon and the online portal eBike Connect.
- Optimised calculation of values: We have made improvements so that the altitude and ascent/descent values are more accurate when planning routes in eBike Connect.
- komoot: As in the online portal, you can now also decide in the app whether you want to synchronise individual segments or your daily summary with your komoot profile. You can make the setting in the eBike Connect app under "Settings" > "Connected apps" > "komoot".
- Menu structure: A clearer menu structure in the map view provides a quick overview.
- Apple Health: Activate the connection to Apple Health just once to ensure all your rides are automatically logged in the Apple Health app. Open the settings of the eBike Connect app and activate the connection to the Health app under "Connected apps".
- eBike Connect Widget: On the home screen on your iPhone, you will find the display of the current eBike battery charge level and the total distance covered. We have made a few improvements to ensure stable functiomality. We offer this function in connection with Kiox or Nyon. The function is compatible with all devices on which iOS 14 or newer is available.
To use eBike Connect, you need at least iOS 12.
- Google Fit: Activate the connection to Google Fit just once to ensure that all your rides are automatically logged in the Google Fit app. Open the settings of the eBike Connect app and activate the connection to the Google Fit app under "Connected apps".
- Extended support for core features: We have optimised our app to offer more functionalities for devices without Google Services. Map functions and route planning, navigation or activity tracking benefit from this improvement.
To use eBike Connect, you need at least Android 6.