New Nyon app and portal software versions: Among other features, the new update offers the latest maps (status March 2017); the option to move the map display on Nyon; and a revised Maps Manager within the app.
Updated maps and new support mode for eMountain bikers
The maps update contains new and changed roads and enables better directions for cyclists. The POI list has been extended to contain more Bosch eBike Experts to help users find a dealer faster and near them who can provide help and support. The new “eMTB” riding mode replaces the previous Sport mode and switches between the Tour and Turbo riding modes.
The ebike-Connect online portal has been adapted based on user experience. The navigation menu has been redesigned and a number of navigation elements have been regrouped. In addition, the settings have been reworked as well as new functions, such as adding additional devices can be found under “eBike System”. The personal settings and a new option for deleting your own heart rate data can be found under the “Profile” navigation item.
The eBike Connect app has received a new Maps Manager with new features. Users will also like the redesigned activity view with many useful pieces of information.
All Nyon updates at a glance
- Maps: An update for the maps (status March 2017) is immediately available to download. The map update also includes the eBike Connect smartphone app and the ebike-connect.com online portal.
- Moving the map view: The map can be moved directly using the joystick. This provides a better overview of the surroundings and the route.
- Map view in the direction of travel: The orientation of the 2D map view can be determined in the settings – northerly direction or direction of travel.
- eMTB mode: The new riding mode for the Performance Line CX replaces the previous Sport mode and switches between the Tour and Turbo riding modes.
- Energy consumption display: Energy consumption over the last few kilometres covered can be displayed within the user-defined screens.
- DualBattery: The charging states of the PowerPacks are displayed separately in the settings.
- Altitude profile display: The altitude profile or the map is displayed in the navigation mode.
- New keypad layout: The new keypad layout (typewriter) ensures that destinations can be entered easily and conveniently.
- eShift: Support for Shimano and Rohloff integrated electronic gear shifting.
- System information: The screen has been revised and extended to include further details on the individual components.
- Navigation menu: The navigation menu in the ebike-connect.com Nyon portal has been redesigned. A number of navigation elements have been regrouped.
- Settings: The settings have been revised and divided into two new menu items. New functions, such as adding additional devices can be found under “eBike System”. The personal settings as well as the new option for deleting your own heart rate data can be found under the “Profile” navigation item.
- Route planning: The start and end points of the route can be swapped with a single click in order to navigate the route in the opposite direction.
- Revised Card Manager with new functions
- Revised activities view
- Change to the selection of new screen designs
- Optimised exchange of data between the app, Nyon and the portal
- The POI list has been extended to include other Bosch eBike experts.
- Bugs affecting map display and route planning have been fixed in the portal.
- SMS: An error when displaying SMS messages has been fixed.
- General improvement in terms of stability and performance.