I'm having trouble connecting my eBike Connect app to my Kiox or Nyon. What can I do?
Instructions on how to connect your eBike with the eBike Connect app can be found hereHelp Center.
If that does not work, check the following:
1. Check if your eBike is compatible with the eBike Connect app here.
Please note: The eBike Connect app can only be connected to a Kiox or Nyon display. eBikes with the smart system are not compatible with the eBike Connect app! If you have an eBike with a smart system (for example, if you have a Kiox 300 display) please download the eBike Flow app. Instructions on how to connect your eBike to the Flow app can be found here.
2. Make sure you have your on-board computer and smartphone nearby and that both devices are switched on.
3. Always check that Internet and Bluetooth are enabled on your phone. For Android smartphones, please also enable location services.
4. Make sure that the app is running in the background and that the app is not closed.
5. Check the charge level of your smartphone. Charge your smartphone if necessary.
6. For Android: check that eBike Connect is excluded from the power saving feature (sometimes also called Battery Optimization) in the smartphone settings.
An example of how to find the energy saving function/battery optimisation is:
On your smartphone, go to Settings > Energy saving function or Battery optimisation. Select All apps, search for eBike Connect. Select Do not optimise or Do not allow and confirm your selection.
If you are unable to find the power saving function/battery optimisation, please refer to your smartphone's instruction manual.
Note: If you are still having difficulties, please check the exceptions list again. eBike Connect can sometimes disappear from the list following updates.
7. Is it possible that another smartphone is connected to the on-board computer?
You can see this on your Kiox under Settings > Bluetooth or on your Nyon under > Connections > Bluetooth . If another smartphone is connected, you have to pair the smartphone and on-board computer again (see here).
8. Switch the smartphone and the on-board computer off and on again.
9. Remove the on-board computer from the Bluetooth list of the smartphone and the smartphone from the Bluetooth list of the on-board computer. If you are still paired with another on-board computer that you no longer use, remove it from the Bluetooth list of the smartphone.