The following step-by-step instructions explain how to update the software of your Kiox on-board computer.
Note: After Kiox is connected to the app for the very first time, it can take several hours until the update progress bar appears under "My eBike" in the eBike Connect smartphone app.
- Make sure that your eBike Connect app has been updated to the latest software version.
- Plug your Kiox into an external power source (not your PC) and connect it to your smartphone (click here to learn how to connect Kiox to your smartphone for the first time).
- When an update is available, a message appears in the app dashboard. Please connect Kiox to the app again.
- Once the update has started, a progress bar will appear under "My eBike". Kiox must be connected to the smartphone for the duration of the update process.
- After the new Kiox software has been successfully transferred to your on-board computer, switch off your Kiox.
Tip: Once the file has been completely transferred to Kiox, the update can be started manually in "Settings" > "System Preferences" > "Software Update".
- Switch on Kiox. A message about a new software version appears on the display. Follow the instructions to update Kiox.